Brock offers advice to students and scholars awaiting visas (Aug. 1)
Published on August 01 2013
As a government labour dispute with foreign service officers continues to slow the issuing of visas for foreign students coming to Canada, Brock’s office of International Services and Programs Abroad and Goodman School of Business have issued the following information for international students and visiting scholars.
If you already have a Study Permit, you are OK. And if you are in Canada now and have a valid study permit, you may renew it here in Canada.
If you are coming to study at Brock for less than 6 months, you do not need a study permit. However, citizens from certain countries still need a temporary resident visa (entry visa) to enter Canada. If you are unsure if you need such a visa, please check:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp
If you have applied for a visa and have not yet received it, please read the messages below.
If you have any questions, please contact the one of the emails listed. We wish to help in any way possible.
- The Fall 2013 IELP term begins Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- If you do not have your visa by then, you may start at any time until Oct. 21.
- If you cannot be here by Oct. 21, you may start in January 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact ESL Services at[email protected]
- Classes begin Wednesday, Sept. 4. If you cannot arrive by that date, we will allow you to begin your undergraduate studies as late as Monday, Sept. 16, 2013.
- If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 16 you may defer the start of studies until January 2014. You must notify us if this is your intention. If you need an official deferral letter to take to the Canadian Visa Office, please contact [email protected]
- If you are an exchange or study abroad student and will study at Brock for only one term, you do not need a study permit.
If you have questions, please contact the Brock Admissions office at[email protected]
Graduate Students (except Goodman School of Business)
- Classes begin Wednesday, Sept. 4.
- If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 4, please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies at [email protected]
Graduate Students – Goodman School of Business
- IMAcc and MBA ISP classes begin Aug. 1. Late arrivals are not permitted. To request a deferral to August 2014, please contact the Goodman Graduate Programs Office throughhttps://portal.bus.brocku.ca
- MAcc, MBA and MSc classes begin on Sept. 4. If you cannot arrive by that date, we will allow you to begin your business graduate studies as late as Sept. 16, 2013. If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 16 you may defer your studies to a future term. Submit a request for deferral to the Goodman Graduate Programs Office throughhttps://portal.bus.brocku.ca
BUCSSA Membership Card Discount Stores
With BUCSSA’s Membership Card, you will have the privilege of getting discounts in stores that are in St. Catharines. The following list shows the addresses of our discount stores. Please show your membership card to the cashiers in the listed stores when paying for the bills. Thank you for supporting BUCSSA and the sponsors’ stores！
Membership card fee 会员卡价格: $10
75 St. Paul Street
Mahtay Cafe & Lounge
241 St. Paul Street
224 St. Paul Street
Real Sushi Restaurant
259 St. Paul Street
10% discount cash and dinner only
Tang Chinese Cuisine
216 Glenridge Avenue
Duru Korean Restaurant
220 Welland Avenue
Skyland KTV and Billiards
525 Welland Avenue, St. Catharines, ON
10% discount (Drinks excluded)
Taste of Asia
333 Ontario Street, St. Catharines, ON
10% discount cash only
Ontario Chinese Students League of Legends Championship
参加学校：Brock，Queen’s，York，Ryerson，UT M，McMaster，Laurentian，Seneca，UTSC, Centennial College
奖金分配：第一名：1000 + 回国机票一张第二名：600 + 300元加币机票现金卷一张第三名：400 + 200元加币机票现金卷一张观众奖： 100元加币现金卷一张
地点： The Toy Trove (Downtown- 2 St. Paul Street)
时间：10:00 AM-2:00 PM, Sunday, March 10, 2013
Please select what sports you would like to join.
The fee for registration is $10 per person, $30 per basketball team, $40 per soccer team, and $2 per person for three-point shot. Please submit it to the Brock University Chinese Students and Scholars Association Promotion Table before the event.
BUCSSA members have $5/person & $10/team discount with valid membership card, each membership card can only be used once. And the discount is NOT apply to the Three-point Shot.
Otherwise, the your application is void. We accept walk-in players for Three-point Shot only.
Time and location TBA.同时，特别感谢银联对室内足球的独家冠名。
Special thanks to our soccer title sponsor China UnionPay’s support!体育之夜基本介绍（Sports Night)：
羽毛球Badminton，篮球Basketball，室内足球Indoor soccer，乒乓球Table tennis
日期Date: Friday March 15th, 2013 5:00 PM-9:00 PM
地点Location: Brock Gym
桌球Billiards Saturday March 16th, 2013
Due to the limit space for badminton, BUCSSA would select only one kind of the badminton from Men’s Doubles or Women’s Doubles, or Mixed Doubles according to how many team registered for the event. Registered team do not need to pay the registration fee until the the final decision made. Please register as soon as possible. Deadline: 11:59 PM Wednesday, March 13th, 2013
For more information
邮箱Email: [email protected]